Saturday, May 9, 2009

Beating up on kids and co-workers

I haven't started picking fights with people.  I started playing in chess tournaments again.  I've gone 3-0 the last two Monday's at Meijer's chess tournaments.  Granted, these are small tournaments, but I have just doubled my number of undefeated tournaments.  Again, to be fair, I've been playing grade schoolers and kids, most of whom who are on paper quite a bit less skilled than I am at chess.

At work, people laughed when I said I beat one of my co-workers, an 8th grader, and a 4th grader.  However, the 4th grader was the only player who was basically an even match for me.  My game against him was the one it took the longest to win.  I've got my rating back over 1500 for the first time in ages.  My goal is to get back over 1600 so I have to play in the open section of the tournament.

The games on Monday are short, G30, so I'm planning on playing at Barnes and Noble next weekend.

2 comments:

Chip Lynch said...

I finally got my USCF account reinstated, and I've done absolutely nothing with it. *sigh*

I need to find some good rateds in Dayton... the local club plays weekly, but I'm always busy.

Congrats, though -- there are some tough 4th graders out there.

Eric said...

Whoo-hoo, my first blog comment. I lost to a 4th grader playing a trap opening this week.