Friday, July 24, 2009

I don't know what to title this.

I lost track of one of my good friends from high school after the summer between our freshman and sophomore year. The last I had heard, his family didn't know where he was and had filed a missing persons report on him. I can't remember when I heard that news. I want to say that it was sometime in the mid 90's.

I got a facebook invite, and I accepted it, but I wasn't sure what to make of it since there were no photos on the page. That was probably earlier this year when I had just started using facebook. My brother and one of my friends didn't know what to make of this page either. Their guess was that someone in his family was using it to try to track down people who might have had information on him.

However, last weekend, I got a message from him that he was in town at a hotel by the fair and expo center. I gave the hotel a call and we met up and hung out for a few hours and caught up. It still seems surreal, and it reminded me how much I missed having him around.

2 comments:

ProudNavyNuke said...

So his FB page is a fake? What an odd story. Is everything okay with Tony? Or is it none of my business?

Mike Atwell

Eric said...

Actually, it's the opposite. He uses it so little, we didn't think it was really him. If there was something going on in the past, he seems fine now.