Thursday, July 17, 2008

Warrior Training

A few weeks ago, my niece Taylor saw a show with a Chinese warrior. I forget the name of the show, but I'm sure my sister Caroline will remind me. When I took Lauren and Taylor to the library, Taylor wanted a book with Chinese warriors in it. I showed her a book on China, but after flipping through the pages, she decided that she wasn't interested in that book because of a lack of warrior content.

While she and Lauren played with some toys in the kids section of the library, I found a kids book of Kung Fu. It had pictures of old Chinese men training and a few pictures of Bruce Lee. She was happy with that for a while. However, when I asked her about the book the next day, her response was: I don't want to train any more, because then I would be a warrior, and I do not want that.

This one of my favorite Taylor stories. She went from being fascinated with Kung Fu and Chinese warriors to not wanting anything to do with them all in the span of about 2 days. I suppose that wraps up this Drunken Monkey style blog entry.

No comments: