Monday, July 14, 2008

Switching away from periodic email updates

When I left Jacksonville in 2007, I gathered a large list of emails to keep in touch with people. I decided that there were problems with this approach.
  • Sending a long email to a large list of people is kind of weird. I always felt like I was making it too long for people to want to read it.
  • Sending a short email isn't all that good for staying in touch.
  • There are people I want to stay in touch with that weren't on my Jacksonville list. I suppose I could have added them, and very few people would have ever known that I had snuck in a couple of college buddies. However, I always ended up forgetting to add them to the email updates.

So I'm going to try posting to a free blog and see how that goes for keeping people updated. I'm new to the whole blogging thing, so I may end up changing my mind later.

No comments: