Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Cleaning makes me tired

So Caroline was over last night to help me clean, and I got very sleepy. Some of this is undoubtedly that I stayed up late the last two nights reading books online. Specifically books from http://www.projectaon.org/en/Main/Home However, I think it's just as much that cleaning makes me sleepy.

I was buying those books through my teen years. Many of them from a small, independent bookstore near the Village 8 theater in Louisville. How can you do better than seeing a dollar movie and getting a new book all in one day? Anyway, the dollar theater is now $3 and the prospects of the dodo look better than those of independent bookstores. With Borders closing, the future of big bookstores is in doubt too, but I'm digressing. I was never able to find book 20 of this series in print in the US.

If you haven't clicked on the link above, these books are part game/part story. So with a spreadsheet instead of paper and pencil, I went through all 20 books recently. I think my nephew Blake would like these, but maybe a book that is also a game is less interesting in the era of PS3 & XBox 360. At any rate, I enjoyed going through them and finishing them up.

So back to the sleepyness. I went to bed last night about 10PM, which is very early for me. Perhaps it might be better to say I took a nap at 10PM last night since I woke up between midnight and one. That's why I'm writing a blog post at 2 in the morning now. At some point I should give some thought about going back to bed for real this time.

No comments: